Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College, College of Menominee Nation, and UW-Madison, along with Indigenous Arts and Sciences Ho-Chunk, Bad River, Red Cliff, and Lac du Flambeau Nation partners, hosted College Readiness Days on January 12 and 14, 2021.
College Readiness Days sessions offer tips for applying to college, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and degree and career options. Keynote speakers Dr. Marcus Lewis and Dr. Sasanehsaeh Jennings shared inspiring advice, information, and their personal experiences to get students ready and confident for their own journeys into college and beyond. Native college students and graduates shared their first-hand college experiences. Watch recordings of sessions below, download presentations. and a helpful college degree and career options guide based on your interests.
College and Career Preparation
College Readiness Days: Session I (YouTube recording): January 12, 2021
- Jimmy White, Recruitment & Admissions Specialist, Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College
- Luis Ortiz, Enrollment Manager, College of Menominee Nation
- James Flores, Native American Outreach and Recruitment, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Marcus Lewis, Keynote speaker: “Shaping Your Future”
- Austin Retzlaff, Financial Aid Manager, College of Menominee Nation
- Kim Paulson, Director of Financial Aid, Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College
Dr. Lewis (Ho-Chunk Nation): Shaping Your Future presentation
College Readiness Days: Session II (YouTube recording): January 14, 2021
- Dr. Sasanehsaeh Jennings (Menominee), Native American Student Success Coordinator, UW System.
- Misty Jackson (Bad River and Lac du Flambeau Anishinaabe), Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College transfer student to University of Wisconsin-Madison, Neurobiology major.
- Tashya Chevalier (Menominee), History major, American Indian Studies certificate, PEOPLE Program Scholar, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- James Flores (Oneida), Native American Outreach and Recruitment, Office of Admissions, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Austin Retzlaff (College of Menominee Nation): Financial Aid presentation