Register now for Summer 2019 Institutes!
Follow the links below to register for Earth Partnership: Indigenous Arts and Sciences institutes throughout Wisconsin.
Earth Partnership Institutes
Professional Development in Restoration Education
At an EP Institute you will discover how restoring native ecosystems:
- Invigorate schools and communities with interdisciplinary learning experiences and citizen science approaches for all ages.
- Enhance community awareness, skills, and knowledge of stewardship actions that enhance biodiversity and prevent pollution.
- Connect youth to culture and place while teaching ecological and environmental issues and solutions.
- Inspire students to develop a personal understanding of their relationship with others and the natural world.
Each institute is place-based and responsive to the community and culture. Graduate-level credits are available through the UW–Madison Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
Before the Institute
- Community dialogue informs instructional content, and partners create collaborative teams.
During the Institute
- Teams learn about local ecosystems and explore strategies for restoring biodiversity, promoting sustainable landscapes, and preserving a sense of place.
- Teams develop action plans to engage youth and community in planning and implementing school and neighborhood restorations.
After the Institute
- EP offers continued learning opportunities, resources, and on-site consultation.
- Teams guide youth and communities in developing stewardship and monitoring projects.
- Partners stay connected and share stories, knowledge, and research from their restorations.